Tuesday 18 December 2012

Spiders... and more spiders... and even more of 'em...

Poor Jeff!  I woke this morning at 5.30am to the sound of the vacuum cleaner.  Very unusual to hear anyone else using it in this house, particularly at that hour of the morning, so I decided to investigate... I could hear Jeff cursing and banging around in the bathroom and it transpires that he'd opened the door, walked sleepily in and stumbled straight in to a large spider's web.  On glancing around, he realised that a huntsman spider's eggs had hatched: around 200 tiny little spiders were scurrying and jumping around the bathroom... thank goodness it didn't happen to me: I would have been on the first bus out of here!  Jeff then proceeded to vacuum them all up: no mean feat as they're fast movers!  Jeff's my hero.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    just discovered your blog and am enjoying the read. So funny, the spiders. I had some Chinese students stay with me in Tassie and boy did they freak at the Daddy Long Legs. Welcome to Oz.

    ReplyDelete