Monday 12 December 2011

Summer Holidays!!!

Oli finished school on Friday 9th of December and doesn't go back now until the 23rd of January... yay!! Good report too so extra pocket money went his way, bless him... On the penultimate day of school, he took in a plate of food for 'bring and share' and came home buzzing because of all the 'colourful' food consumed...  he was then told, that on the last day of this semester, the students should wear old clothes as they would be 'cleaning'... Oli said that no-one goes in on that day, but, mother that I am, I sent him in.  Only 4 kids in his class turned up apparently and they DID have to clean... poor lad, I will know next year!


The storm season has arrived in Queensland and boy, do we get storms.  We went down to Mooloolaba harbour to watch the annual parade of decorated boats which sail along the waterways for the benefit of around 10,000 spectators.  However, huge black clouds collected and a storm ensued, bursting upon Mooloolaba with one of the boats being struck by lightning!  The event was hastily cancelled and we ran for cover...


Good day yesterday and today though... Oli and I went to the beach for a couple of hours and I even ventured in the ocean above my knees... those waves do pound on the beach quite ferociously and there are some frightening rips!!  I don't get any sympathy though from Oli or Jeff as I run for the beach when I see a wave looming... Off to battle the waves today too... we've taking our litre bottle of factor 30 suncreme as well as our wide-brimmed hats (no peaks as don't want melanomas on the tops of our ears!) and quality sunglasses... couldn't survive without them here with a burn time of 6 minutes...

No comments:

Post a Comment